Recipe by Sisty Gin
This is a light salad with a lot of flavor. It goes very quickly at summer gatherings! I have had many people ask for the recipe.
Top Review by aajbain
Very good, we loved the dressing! I use blueberries too and added slivers of Gruyere Cheese instead of Monterey Jack. The Gruyere went extremely well with the salad! Thanks for the delicious recipe!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chopped romaine lettuce and red lettuce.
- Add sliced strawberries, shredded cheese, and chopped walnuts.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad right before serving.
- This makes A LOT of dressing, so you might let guests pour their own.
- Of course, you can improvise.
- I have used raspberries and almonds.
- Use whatever is in season!