Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this from my mom. Untried but posting for future use. Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Backyard Gatherings. Posted 12-24-04
- 1 (48 ounce) bottle ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 (12 ounce) container orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) container lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (2 liter) bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage (Sprite or 7-Up)
- Mix together the grapefruit juice, orange juice concentrate and lemonade concentrate in a gallon size pitcher.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- When ready to serve, add the Sprite or 7-Up to the pitcher; stir.
- Pour into glasses over ice.
- Garnish with orange or lemon slices.
Sorry, but this was very tart. I made it for a family lunch and they wouldn't drink it because of the tartness. I used unsweetened Ocean Spray Pink grapefuit juice but I think I should have used sweetened juice. After, it had sit for a couple of days I tried it again and the tartness had mellowed a little. I am going to try putting orange sherbet it in to see if it helps the tartness. Bullwinkle