Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This light recipe comes from Cooking Light. Be sure to save some of your water when you drain the pasta to use if your cooling pasta clumps together. I would imagine you could use regular cherry tomatoes if you can't find the yellow tear-drops but the different colors would be very pretty. Cooking time does not include time to cook pasta.
- 9 ounces pappardelle pasta (wide ribbon pasta)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tear-drop yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups arugula, loosely packed, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to the package directions omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and garlic to skillet and cook for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, cook 45 seconds or jusst until heated, stirring gently. Be careful not to overcook. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and salt.
- Combine the warm pasta, arugula and warm tomato mixture in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Top with cheese and bacon.