Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The combination of sun and pool water dehydrates and bleaches hair. You can buy UV protectants for 15 bucks a bottle or make your own tonic for $3. You choose.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sunscreen lotion (at least an SPF 30)
- 1⁄4 cup leave-in type hair conditioner
- Mix all together in a spray bottle.
- Spritz on when you're out in the sun.
- Re-apply every time you get your hair wet in the pool.
What a great idea, even if you don't swim often. This recipe makes me really wish I had a swimming pool though, so I can try it and really put it to the test. I am saving this to try sometime. I live in a very sunny, warm climate and sun does a lot of damage all alone to the hair and scalp. Thanks SusieQusie. :)
thank you! partway through our 1st summer with a pool i find myself with frizzed out hair. this is exactly what i needed. it works, and i got to pick the fragrance. thanks! i used tear-free conditioner and baby-safe lotion. so my babies (2 and 3) get a spritz too.