Recipe by Cat Berner
I've had this recipe so long that I can't even remember where I first got it from. I rarely make it any longer now that I've moved to Canada, and its so hard to find summer squash here. It's a great simple stir fry.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into strips, and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet, and add chicken, browning on all sides. Remove, and set aside. Add onions and peppers; saute until softened. Add squash and garlic; saute another few minutes. Season vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Add herbs, tomato juice, and browned chicken. Cook until heated through. Serve over rice.