Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great easy salad. With lots of veggies and a great poppy seed dressing. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 16 ounces cooked tri-colored pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 lb hard salami
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 8 tablespoons sugar or 8 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 8 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup salad oil
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients and toss to mix well.
- Add dressing. Toss to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve. At least 1 hour.
This makes a large salad which was nice to use at our family gathering this Easter. Made as written but I diced the mozzarella into tiny cubes. I had complements on the tiny cubes, people said they liked that better then shredded. I think shredded gets soggy when mixed with any dressings. The dressing was the perfect amount for the salad. I'm glad I did not cut back on it. Made for PAC Spring 2012