Recipe by ellie_
This salad is great in the summer when it's too hot to cook. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March, 1982)
Top Review by Claudia Dawn
I liked the blend of grapes, toasted almonds, and spinach. I did serve along with DIB's Poppy Seed Dressing recipe #11014; but thought that it was good enough to stand on it's own.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup green grape, seedless
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 4 green onions, diced
- herb salad dressing or poppy seed dressing (bottled or homemade)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, celery, alomonds, grapes and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Add enough maynaise and salt and pepper to moisten (about 1 cup) and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Line salad bowl with lettuce and spinach leaves.
- Arrange carrots, cucumbers, sprouts and onions on top of lettuce and spinach.
- Mold chicken mixture on top.
- Serve with dressing.