Recipe by Erin1
This salad is great when it is hot out and you really don't feel like cooking. We often have this for dinner in the summer, served with fresh bread.
Top Review by SGpratt
This was yummy ~ just the right amount of sweet with the fruit and crunch with the celery. Definitely a chicken salad that you could serve to company or for an easy weeknight supper. I served it to my kids in a bowl with a bagel on the side and I put it over some lettuce for myself. My 11 yo paid the highest compliment when she said, "Mom, I would take this for lunch." LOL. Thanks for posting!
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 can diced pineapple
- 1 can mandarin orange section
- 1 diced red pepper
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 -2 cup crispy chinese noodles
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon mustard (to taste)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together mayo and mustard.
- Add dressing to the salad.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- hint: I use the already cooked roast chickens from the deli to make this salad quick and simple.
- Sometimes I add curry to the dressing or oriental spices for a change.