Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
No yeast, no rise time, and no canned rolls make these homemade sticky buns a fast family favorite! From the Oct 2012 edition of "Relish" magazine - adding here for safe keeping! I didn't have pure maple syrup on hand so I used regular pancake syrup and they were still delicious!
- Preheat oven to 400°F Mix together walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Bring maple syrup and 4 Tablespoons butter to boil in a small saucepan. Pour into an ungreased 10" cast iron or heavy skillet or pan. Top with 1/3 of walnut mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add 7 Tablespoons butter and cut together until mixture resembles small peas. Add milk slowly while stirring gently, just until mixture comes together.
- Melt remaining 1 Tablespoon butter.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 5 or 6 times. Roll into a 9x12" rectangle. Brush with melted butter.
- Cover dough with remaining walnut mixture, patting gently. Roll up dough to form a 12" log, pinching seam to seal. Cut into 12 (1 inch) slices and place into pan. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately invert onto a large plate (do this quickly, but carefully - the syrup is very hot!). Scrape any syrup from the pan and spread over buns. Best served warm or hot.