Recipe by aronsinvest
This is an excellent low-calorie, sugar-free recipe for holiday meals. Many of the older people in my family have diabetes and this allows them to partake in dessert.
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 (6 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen strawberries (sliced or whole)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (no sugar added)
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 16 ounces fat free sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in the hot water.
- Fold in strawberries, crushed pineapple, banana slices and walnuts and stir to mix.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into a 12" x 8" dish and refrigerate until firmly set.
- set the other 1/2 aside at room temperature.
- When refrigerated half is set gently spread with sour cream and then top with the remaining 1/2 mixture.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.