Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am a Diabetic so I have to come up with some creative ways to have new foods. This just sounded good one day so I threw it all in a blender. Hope you enjoy it!!!
- 5 -6 large strawberries (I use frozen ones)
- 1⁄2 medium banana
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (depending on preferred sweetness)
- ice cube (if you don't use frozen Strawberries)
- Hull and wash the Strawberries.
- Peel and slice the Banana.
- Put everything into the blender and blend on
- high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Try adding a tablespoon of peanut butter. Adds another dimension of flavor and protein. I have one for breakfast or lunch every day.
Tastey & easy - thank you!
Have you tried Sweet Dairy Whey as a sweetener in smoothies? It's sugar-free and makes yummy smoothies.