Recipe by The Sensible Cook
There's no added sugar in this pie, but no one will know! Make your own crust or buy pre-made pie crust in the dairy section (Pillsbury works well).
- 4 cups peeled cored and sliced pears or 4 cups apples
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice concentrate
- 2 prepared pie crusts, for bottom and top crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl stir together fruit, pie spice, tapioca, olive oil, and concentrate. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes. Pour mixture into the pie shell and top with pie crust. Vent top crust. Bake 60 to 75 minutes or until top crust is golden brown. Remove pie from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.