ginger pear pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
quick and easy, from a taste of home
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch of grated lemon, zest of
- 4 large pears, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- preheat oven to 425.
- combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan stir in pear slices.
- bring to a boil on medium heat and boil for 1 minute.
- add butter and pour into pie shell.
- for topping combine flour, brown sugar, and ginger in a bowl.
- cut in butter until mixture becomes crumbly.
- stir in pecans and sprinkle over pears.
- bake for 20-25 minutes until topping is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION