Top Review by AltaJoy
This recipe is pretty good for a sugar-free cake. I made it for my son's second birthday. The guests were very impressed when I told them it was sugar-free. I did use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose, so it had more of a muffin texture than cake. But it was good. If you do use the white flour like the recipe says, it probably is very nice and fluffy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together apple juice, rolled oats, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and ground almonds. Beat well.
- Spoon into a 9" by 1 1/2" cake pan that has been oiled and floured.
- Smooth the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm to the touch and a knife inserted to the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks.
- If the batter is too thick, I suggest you add more apple juice.