Prep 1 min
Cook 3 hrs
This is Aunt Phyllis' recipe. We had it in Sudbury, MA. so that accounts for the name. It was very good! I had it with chicken breasts, skinned and boned, grilled. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Blend all ingredients and marinate chicken in it for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken to a plate and discard the marinade.
- Grill until done.
- Note-this recipe is for three whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
I was short on time and only marinaded the chicken for about 30 minutes and it still was very flavorful. I added an additional tablespoon of red vinegar. After broiling, the syrup gave it a nice crispy caramelized coating.
The only change I made was to omit salt and pepper, and reduce the olive oil to 3 tablespoons. The chicken breasts were in the marinade overnight. This is not too sweet, just a hint. It's yummy! Thanks Oolala :)