1/4 Photos of Stuffed Zucchini
1 hr 20 mins
I have an abundance of zucchini from my garden. This recipe is a great way to use it. The Italian herbs make it incredible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 -5 medium zucchini
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients and one can of tomato sauce; mix well.
- 2Stir in tomatoes.
- 3Halve zucchini lengthwise; scoop out center part of zucchini to about 1/4 inch from edges.
- 4Fill with meat mixture; place in two 13x9 inch baking dishes.
- 5Spoon remaining tomato sauce over each.
- 6Bake uncovered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese during last few minutes or baking.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.7
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 134.2 mg
- Sodium 1171.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: