Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Italian recipe is utterly divine. My daddy is a good cook, so I always ask for this for supper when I'm asked of my opinion.
- 8 boneless veal steaks
- 155 g mushrooms
- 30 g butter
- 4 slices ham (thin slices)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 60 g butter, extra
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 beef stock cube
- Pound veal steaks out thinly.
- Finely slice mushrooms.
- Melt butter in pan, add mushrooms and cook over medium heat until mushrooms are just tender.
- Drain pan juices from mushrooms.
- Place slice of ham on top of each 4 steaks.
- Divide mushrooms evenly between steaks.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of parmesan over top of each steak.
- Place remaining veal steaks on top of each to form sandwiches.
- Trim away any overhanging meat.
- Melt extra butter in pan, add veal sandwiches to pan, cook until brown on one side. Carefully turn steaks and cook on other side.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover tops of steaks with mozzarella cheese.
- Trim cheese to fit shape of steaks.
- Pour in water and add crumbled stock cube.
- Cover pan and return to heat.
- Simmer 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.