Perfect Pixie's Note:
This Italian recipe is utterly divine. My daddy is a good cook, so I always ask for this for supper when I'm asked of my opinion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound veal steaks out thinly.
- 2Finely slice mushrooms.
- 3Melt butter in pan, add mushrooms and cook over medium heat until mushrooms are just tender.
- 4Drain pan juices from mushrooms.
- 5Place slice of ham on top of each 4 steaks.
- 6Divide mushrooms evenly between steaks.
- 7Sprinkle 1 tbsp of parmesan over top of each steak.
- 8Place remaining veal steaks on top of each to form sandwiches.
- 9Trim away any overhanging meat.
- 10Melt extra butter in pan, add veal sandwiches to pan, cook until brown on one side. Carefully turn steaks and cook on other side.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Cover tops of steaks with mozzarella cheese.
- 13Trim cheese to fit shape of steaks.
- 14Pour in water and add crumbled stock cube.
- 15Cover pan and return to heat.
- 16Simmer 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Veal Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.8
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 726.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless veal steaks