Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home Healthy. Everyone loves this one. One serving is three stuffed shells. A serving is about 360 calories. This has been one of those go to comfort recipes on my journey to lose weight. I have lost 50 pounds and don't feel deprived. Pair with a nice side salad for a meal that is sure to please and won't kill your waisteline.
- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle taco sauce, divided
- 3 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 20 baked Tostitos Scoops, coarsely crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/2 cup taco sauce, cream cheese and chili powder; cook and stir until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese blend.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stuff each shell with about 2 tablespoons beef mixture. Arrange in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining taco sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese blend. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chips.
We enjoyed this with tossed salad.Very good and easy to make! Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely loved this recipe!! My picky little ones gobbled them right up. I know this is supposed to be a lighter version, but next time I can't help but to add some Fat Free Sour Cream and a mock guacomole!! Thanks for this keeper.
Loved this recipe. I used medium hot salsa instead of taco sauce.