Recipe by Sharon123
Want to fix something different? Try these!
Top Review by Angela Marie
A ten star recipe. Wow, cooked this for a total of 27 people Thursday Evening at an organization that I belong to. I cook one meal a month for them. This was awesome. I ran out of Edible Flowers. ( I have a big tree) Made it precisely according to recipe and it was simply devine. Beautiful Tasty and very refreshing. I used an old bag of beans to keep them upright in a bowl for serving purposes. Just stuck them into the beans as I filled them BINGO, PERFECT PLATING. Chef Angela Marie
- 20 rose of sharon fresh edible flowers
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 20 rose of sharon fresh edible flowers (petals only, coarsely chopped)
- herbs, and spices of your choice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove pistils and stamens from flowers. Set aside.
- Process cottage cheese in blender till smooth.
- Transfer to nonmetallic bowl.
- Stir in yogurt and flower petals. Add herbs and seasonings. I used chopped green onion, fresh basil, thyme, oregano and rosemary, with a dash of Greek seasoning in mine and loved it!
- Pipe or spoon the dip into the center of the flower.
- Garnish with chopped petals.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
- Makes about 2 cups.