Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I requested this recipe from the community forum, not knowing where to find it. SUCCESS! I have modified the recipe that first appeared on the TV Show, "The Thirsty Traveler". I hope you enjoy it as much as we have! Love it or hate it, please let me know.
- 36 prunes, pitted
- 2 -8 ounces pkgs.cream cheese or 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese (use your favorite ( Roquefort, Gorgonzola, Stilton)
- 1 cup walnuts (finely chopped) or 1 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 750 ml good merlot or 750 ml dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- For the Stuffed Prunes.
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 Degrees F.
- 2. With scissors, cut small piece off of each pitted prune to allow for
- stuffing. Arrange the prunes in a baking dish and prepare the sauce.
- 3. In food processor, mix the cheeses and nuts together to the
- consistency of a smooth paste.
- 4, Stuff the mixture into the pitted prunes.
- For the Red Wine Sauce.
- 1. Thoroughly mix the minced garlic, maple syrup or honey, soy sauce and vinegar. Add enough Merlot to sauce mixture so when poured over prunes, red wine sauce goes 1/4 way up the prunes in baking pan.
- 2. Bake in pre-heated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Baste the prunes occasionally to keep them from drying out. Serve as a side dish with fish, beef, pork or chicken!