Recipe by silky
Stuffed mushrooms can easily be cooked on the bbq.
Top Review by Peter J
These tasted great! Rather than use foil I used one of those square aluminium freezer / reheating containers and cooked with the lid on it over the BBQ as you suggested. I used some fairly flat mushrooms that needed using up so they didn't look too appetising (hence I didn't post a photo) but will try again soon using some mushrooms with a more defined cap and will be sure to post a photo.
- 24 mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter with onion flakes, cheese bacon bits, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Stuff mushroom caps with this mixture.
- Have ready 6 squares of heavy-duty foil.
- Place 4 mushrooms on each square of foil and seal foil into packets.
- Place on grill 6 inches above gray coals for 12-15 minutes.
- Do not turn packets.