Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found online posted by Victoria Abbott Riccardi. Sounds like an easy summer meal that will LOOK like it took hours to make.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn
- With small knife, make horizontal slit in chicken breasts to create pockets, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Sandwich 1 cheese slice between 2 basil leaves; stuff into pockets. Secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil; heat until hot Cook chicken 5 minutes; turn.
- Scatter tomatoes over chicken; sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle chicken with torn basil.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
We enjoyed this chicken dish...but did think it lacked some additional flavor...the basil was the only stand out taste we got...we really aren't sure were the tomatoes came in...they really didn't fit the dish...we loved the gooey cheese mozzarella...very easy to prepare although I think my breast were on the large side because I needed to cook them a bit longer...thanks for posting it! =)
We thought this place was pretty good but there were a lot of technical problems. The pan was so hot the first side blackened, but at the same time the chicken did not quite cook all the way through and had to be reheated. Tomatoes kept rolling off the chicken. I did use the marinade from 15426 9 to give the outside a little bit of flavor.