Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easier than cabbage rolls!
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 small head cabbage, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion and ground beef in a large soup pot until meat is browned. Do not drain.
- Add sugar and cabbage and mix well. Add next 4 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Add rice and simmer 10 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Very tasty! I added just a few spices and it was delicious!!! Thanks for sharing!
Very good - this was 5 stars for me, but my husband thought it was too tomato-ey. I think next time I'll try it with 1 can of tomato sauce and 1 can of beer or something similar. It does taste a lot like cabbage rolls in tomato soup - yum for me :)
Very Tasty. Everyone loved it agt the Pitt tailgate party, to bad it was 67 degree outside. I will make it again. Made for Football Pool 09 week 9