- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 small head cabbage, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and ground beef in a large soup pot until meat is browned. Do not drain.
- Add sugar and cabbage and mix well. Add next 4 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Add rice and simmer 10 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.