Recipe by Bobtail
It is common for steakhouses in our area to offer baked sweet potatoes as a side, just like a baked potato, only with butter, sugar and cinnamon. This is a fancier version that sound delicious, ie. the sweet potato version of a stuffed potato. I have not tried it, but hope you enjoy! Cook time includes time to initially cook the sweet potatoes.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour or until tender.
- Cut 1 inch strip lengthwise from top of the potato.
- Carefully scoop pulp from shell.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoe pulp, orange juice, butter and salt.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Stuff shells with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.