1/1 Photo of Streusel Sweet Potatoes
Houmous Monster's Note:
*Adopted Recipe* This is a wonderful side dish from the Woman's Day Cookbook. I made these as a holiday side dish for the first time about 9 years ago, and they have been in regular rotation since. It looks gorgeous on the table, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 325 degrees Farenheit, and lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish or casserole.
- 2Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes, or until firm-tender when tested with a fork.
- 3Drain and cool under cold water.
- 4Cut in 1/2-inch thick slices, and arrange the slices in the casserole dish in a spiral pattern, overlapping slices slightly.
- 5Mix 1/2 cup of the syrup with the orange juice, pour over potatoes.
- 6Dot with 1 Tablespoon of the butter.
- 7Cover tightly with foil, and bake for 20-30 minutes, until hot and the potatoes have absorbed some liquid.
- 8In a small bowl, make the streusel topping.
- 9Mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon, and using two knives or a pastry cutter cut in remaining 3 Tablespoons butter until mixture is the texture of coarse meal.
- 10Toss in pecans.
- 11Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle with streusel mixture.
- 12Bake uncovered for 15 more minutes, or until the topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
- 13Pour the remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup over the potatoes and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Streusel Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.0
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 76.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g