Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is for the Strawberry lovers. The best time for this would be during late spring and early summer when strawberries are at their peak. It is also great to take to potlucks or to treat the family. We found this recipe in the newspaper food section. NOTE: For the cake mix, we use the Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Yellow Cake mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9-by-13 inch glass cake pan and put it in the oven until the butter is melted.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted butter.
- Place the cut strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle them with the 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Stir gently until a juice is produced.
- Place the strawberries (cut side up) in the pan over the brown sugar (Berries should not overlap).
- Reserve the juice.
- Place the dry cake mix in a large bowl.
- Use a whisk to break up any clumps.
- Make a well in the center of the mix.
- Pour the milk into the well and blend the batter together.
- Add the oil to the cake mix and blend well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending after each addition.
- Add the reserved strawberry juice.
- Pour the batter over the strawberries in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the center of the cake feels firm when lightly touched.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Place tray over the cake and carefully invert the cake and tray together so that the cake comes out of the pan with the strawberries on top.
- Drizzle the cooled cake with syrup (optional).
This was a very good cake. I topped it with whipped cream. My DH gave it 6 stars.