Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
makes 12...good with fresh strawberries...
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milk
- 12 strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.cut in margarine with pastry blender till crumbly.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of milk just till moistened.
- Knead lightly in bowl to work in loose flour.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces.pat each piece in a 3" circle on a floured surface.
- Center a strawberry on each circle.bring dough edges up over strawberry, pinch to seal.
- Bake on a non stick sheet at 425* for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.blend together remaining ingredients for glaze.
- cool biscuits and drizzle with glaze.
This recipe was easy to make even for the first time. The biscuits have a sweet taste and the fruit is just an added benefit! Our oven is a bit goofy so even though the temp was 400, it only took 15 minutes for them to cook. We did not get 12 biscuits, but thats ok b/c there are only 2 of us in my house and 12 would take too long to eat. I also use almond milk so that may make a difference in the yield. The glaze is again sweet but not too sweet and it does not make the biscuits too sweet. My husband and I tried them for breakfast. He does not have a sweet tooth like I do, and even he thought they were great. I plan on keeping this recipe and making it again...and we might try other kinds of fruit such as mango!