Recipe by mshigh
A light refreshing summertime cake. I invented it with some strawberries I grew in my garden. It tastes best with fresh strawberries.
- 4 cups strawberries
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter into a 3x8 pan.
- Add the icing suger, flour and co-coa and stir.
- Cover the bottom of the pan and 1/2 way up the sides.
- Bake in an 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Cut up the strawberries into slices.
- Use some of the strawberries to fill the 3x8 pan in two layers.
- Cover with a thick layer of some of the whipped cream.
- Use the rest of the strawberries to create one last layer of strawberries.
- Cover with the remaining whipped cream.