1 hr 5 mins
Chef #255298's Note:
Super easy and fast to make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over 350 degrees F, rack in middle position.
- 2Mix flour and sugar in medium-sized bowl.
- 3Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or use 2 knives. Mixture will look like bread crumbs or course corn meal.
- 4Spread HALF of this mixture (about 3 cups) into a greased 9x13 pan.
- 5Bake 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until edges are just beginning to turn brown.
- 6Remove the pan from oven to a wire rack, but DO NOT TURN OFF OVEN.
- 7Spread pie filling over top of crust you just baked.
- 8Sprinkle the crust with the other half of crust mixture you saves. Try to make as even as possible. It will spread a bit as it bakes.
- 9Gently press the top crust down with the flat blade of a metal spatula.
- 10Bake 350 for another 30-35 minutes, or until top is lightly golden brown.
- 11Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- 12When bars are completely cool cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 13Chilling makes them easier to cut.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Shortbread Bar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.3
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 203.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry pie filling