Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super easy and fast to make
Make and share this Strawberry Shortbread Bar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat over 350 degrees F, rack in middle position.
- Mix flour and sugar in medium-sized bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or use 2 knives. Mixture will look like bread crumbs or course corn meal.
- Spread HALF of this mixture (about 3 cups) into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until edges are just beginning to turn brown.
- Remove the pan from oven to a wire rack, but DO NOT TURN OFF OVEN.
- Spread pie filling over top of crust you just baked.
- Sprinkle the crust with the other half of crust mixture you saves. Try to make as even as possible. It will spread a bit as it bakes.
- Gently press the top crust down with the flat blade of a metal spatula.
- Bake 350 for another 30-35 minutes, or until top is lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- When bars are completely cool cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Chilling makes them easier to cut.
I didn't have strawberry, so I used cherry. So amazingly good. In fact, I'm making them again today.