Recipe by grandma2969
refreshingly light fruit dessert will remind you of summer any time of the year
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pecans and melted butter. Using a wooden spoon, mix until a soft dough forms. Press firmly into prepared 9x13 pan, lightly greased.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- in a small bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lime zest, juice and coloring, stirring till smooth.
- Pour evenly over crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Scatter berries, over filling.
- Spread whipped topping over fruit.
- Chill until servig.
- Store leftover dessert in the refrigerator.