Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a spicy soup served chilled. Feel free to leave out the spices and add some honey and cinnamon for a dessert veloute.
- 2 cups strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Puree the strawberries and cucumber in a blender or food processor.
- Add the mint, peppers and yogurt.
- Blend until smooth and uniform in colour.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
This was refreshing! I must have had really juicy strawberries because this was plenty "liquidy" without the milk! I skipped the milk, the directions don't say where to add it anyways. I did use 2 smaller sized cucumbers...1/2 cucumber could be any size really... Loved the spice.