Recipe by duke1981
Tried several recipes but wanted some with a kick!! Tried this and everyone wanted recipe so badly they offered almost everything! A definite alternative to the usual.
Top Review by grfox33
I wonder if the recipe called for freeze dried strawberries??? Strawberry rice Krispy treats sound really good but the problems others have had make me not want to try. white chocolate on top sounds so good. who can fix this recipe?? Any suggestions?
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 225 g frozen strawberries (thawed)
- 10 g sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 28 g baker white chocolate baking squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out all of the cereal first, having it ready in a large bowl for later mixing.
- Melt butter in a large pot over lowest heat.
- Add strawberries, mashing with fork, until blended.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add Jell-o powder and stir until completely mixed.
- Remove from heat.
- Working quickly, add Rice Krispies cereal to pot, and stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press the mixture evenly into a greased 13 by 9 by 2 inch pan (or whatever pan you have on hand).
- Using a fine grater, grate white chocolate over top.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When the treats are cooled, cut into squares.
- Serve, and enjoy!