Prep 1 hr 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted by request. Recipe is from the recipe book that came with my ice cream machine. Prep time includes 1 hour chilling and 1/2 hour freezing times.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (if using sugar or syrup packed frozen berries, omit the sugar in the recipe)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup fresh pureed strawberry (if using sugar or syrup packed frozen berries, omit the sugar in the recipe)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Chill ingredients for about 1 hour, or until cold.
- Turn on ice cream machine and set it to chill the freezing/mixing bowl for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the cooled mixture into the freezing/mixing bowl of machine. Set the freezing timer to the 30 minute maximum setting. Push start button.
- When timer rings, spoon ice cream into dishes and enjoy.
i did substitute fat free half and half to make it lighter and also reduced fat cream cheese. so easy to make and very good and creamy!
Absolutely delicious!!!! I just purchased the cuisineart ice cream maker and this recipe was my first choice!!!!! It was the perfect choice for my first time trying to make ice cream! My husband and daughters raved about it and wanted more. If you like strawberry cheesecake and or want to impress your guests....definitely try this one! After mixing and before chilling for the hour, I added extra mini chunks of the frozen strawberries! Creamy, fruity and Yummy!!
Awesome!!!!! Cant even express how yummy. Satisfied my pregnancy craving for something sweet and i happened to have everything in my fridge!! I did add a swirl of grahm cracker crumbs at the end and upped the cream to 1 1/2 cups. Thank you!! ps. i would recommend cutting the cream cheese in half. i felt it was just a little too much for such a small amount of ice cream.