Recipe by s'kat
This decadent treat is perfect for a brunch with friends... or an intimate treat to be shared with the one you love. From the California Strawberry Commission.
Top Review by alligirl
This was fabulous! I so wanted it to be great, and I was not disappointed! I did use some slices of Hawaiian bread, as I had it on hand, and it was very complimentary to the recipe. As a matter of fact, I would make it the same way again! I also reduced it, for 2 of us, but wish I had made more. Now, I just have an excuse to make it again! Thanks so much for sharing, s'kat!
- 12 slices French bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 slices brie cheese (about 12 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced stemmed strawberries (about 4-5 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375-degrees.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter; arrange, butter side up, on large baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each slice of bread.
- Reserve remaining sugar mixture.
- Toast bread in oven for 5 minutes and remove.
- Top each slice with one slice of Brie; return to oven.
- Bake an additional 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine strawberries, vanilla and remaining sugar mixture; toss lightly.
- Place two bruschetta on each serving plate.
- Spoon 1/3 cup strawberry mixture over each; sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: to toast almonds, spread on even layer on baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 5-10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice for even browning.