Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is delicious and not so strange! I definitely recommend using fish sauce if you can find it. I adapted this from a recipe I found in a bargain asian cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (dry fried)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 1 inch chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 1 can baby corn
- 2 -3 carrots, julienned
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste (tahini)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (not necessary but good!)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Heat oil in wok until hot.
- Add spring onions, ginger, garlic and fry 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and mushrooms, fry 3-4 minutes.
- Add tahini, soy sauce, chili sauce, fish sauce, water, baby corn and carrots.
- Toss for 2-3 minutes to heat through.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Delicious and, yes, with a bit of a strange flavour -- I think it must be the tahini. I followed this recipe as written except for using thigh meat (tastier I think) and a tin of baby carrots which were so tender that I didn't need to julienne them. I will go to the extra effort next time, because the tinned carrots were too soft. I recommend eating all of this on the day it is made -- it loses something on the next day.