Recipe by TxGriffLover
This recipe is to be made using a stove top smoker. From the Cameron Cooking Guide.
Top Review by maholman_6124579
Tried smoking the duck on the bbq,fantastic! The basting liquid turns the duck a gorgeous dark brown colour and tastes amazing! Lovely subtle smoke flavor. It takes less time to cook on the bbq and there is no need to cook it in the oven at the end to get a crisp skin. Everyone loved it, I will absolutely make it again!
- 1 medium size duck
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon mesquite wood chips
- 1 tablespoon green tea leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove giblets and trim excess neck skin from duck. Rinse and pat dry.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, and honey, and bring to a boil. Add five spice powder and remove from heat.
- Baste duck thoroughly with this hot mixture and allow to dry at room temperature for 8 hours.
- Split duck and smoke for 2 hours on medium-low heat, using mesquite wood chips and tea leaves.
- Open lid carefully, prick skin all over, being careful not to pierce the meat.
- Place into a preheated 425º oven for 15 minutes to crisp and brown. Nothing finer on a crisp all evening.