Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese With Roasted Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place tomatoes in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with black pepper. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- While tomatoes cook, Toss bread crumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle the crumbs on a baking sheet, and bake alongside the tomatoes for 12 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water 7 minutes; drain. Return macaroni to pan; place over medium-low heat, do not heat any higher or cheese and sauce will get grainy. Add cheese and remaining ingredients; cook until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Remove tomatoes from the baking dish with a slotted spoon so as not to get too much extra liquid. Stir tomatoes into macaroni and cheese or serve along side.
- Sprinkle each serving with about 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs. Salt and pepper to taste.