Recipe by Baby Kato
This is a great drink, with or without the bourbon. Try it, you will be pleasantly surprised.
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
This was a lovely summer surprise. The tang of the grapefruit complemented the sweetness of the pineapple. I used the bourbon and while you didn't taste the bourbon too much, the flavors balanced well. The ginger ale gives it just the sparkle it needed for a hot summer day. Made for Culinary Quest 2014! Thanks BabyKato!
- 1 cup pineapple juice, chilled, fresh
- 3⁄4 cup pink grapefruit juice, chilled, fresh
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grenadine
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon (optional)
- 4 pineapple chunks, fresh, 3 1/2-inch
- 1⁄2 pink grapefruit, 4 wedges, fresh
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 skewers, plastic, small
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill four glasses in freezer.
- Combine pineapple and grapefruit juices into a large pitcher along with the grenadine and mix well.
- Add ginger ale and bourbon, if using and pour into chilled glasses, garnishing with a skewer of fresh wedged pineapple, grapefruit, and lime topped with a marashino cherry.