Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is served in southern Spain. Zurra is a sangria usually made with peaches or nectarines. A good Bordeaux is an excellent choice for this recipe. From the recipe book Sangria.
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2 nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces apricot brandy
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine, chilled
- 12 ounces club soda, chilled
- 3 cups ice cubes
- In a large glass pitcher, mix together the peach, nectarine and apricot slices, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
- Add the apricot brandy and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour in the wine and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.
- When ready to serve, add the club soda and stir gently.
- Fill glasses with ice and slowly pour sangria over the ice, allowing the fruit to fall into the glasses.