This has been in my recipe collection for many years, on a piece of paper that was torn in half long ago. I think it's time to save it here. It's a very healthy and tasty meal that I've always enjoyed.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces uncooked small shell pasta (shells, elbows, etc.)
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Cook the pasta, and drain well.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add green beans and 1/4 teaspoons salt. Cook and stir until beans are coated and hot. Add water. Stir-fry until beans are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. Add chicken, ginger, remaining salt and cook/stir until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Combine pasta, kidney beans, green beans, chicken, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Serve hot or cold. It's great both ways.