Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love salmon and this recipe from Super Food Ideas looks like a lovely way to eat it. HAVE NOT included 30 minutes marinating time.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 2 cm ginger (peeled sliced)
- 200 g salmon fillets
- 135 g somen noodles (dried 1/2 packet)
- 2 lebanese cucumbers (halved sliced diagonally)
- 2 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 50 g lettuce leaves (mixed)
- 125 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tablespoons mint (leaves fresh chopped)
- 2 tablespoons coriander (leaves fresh chopped)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Combine sugar, soya sauce, garlic and ginger in a shallow glass or ceramic dish and add salmon ad turn to coat and then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes for flavour to develop, turning after 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile place noodles in a heatproff bowl and cover with boiling water and stand for 5 minutes or until tender and then drain, rinse, drain.
- Transfer to a bowl and add cucumber, onion, lettuce, tomato, mint and coriander and toss to combine.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and remove salmon from marinade.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to a plate and using a fork flake the salmon and then add to thye noodle mixture.
- Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and toss to combine and serve.