Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is so yummy. Sweet but spicy at the same time. I cook this one heaps. Nice served with plain rice or noodles.
- 700 g lean lamb, strips
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Coat a pan with cooking spray, heat and cook lamb in 2 batches until browned and tender.
- Remove from pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove pan from the heat, pour mixture into it, then replace on the heat.
- Bring to the boil and add the cooked lamb.
- Coat the lamb with the honey sauce.
Yummy is right! *We* were actually of 2 minds on this dish. While we both liked it a lot, DH admitted he favors the natural goodness of the much-revered Icelandic lamb w/brown gravy, but *I* have the more adventurous palate & found this chg welcome from that norm. I was a step ahead in the prep as I used mixed lamb cuts that I had already cooked in my crockpot, so it was tender & well-seasoned. The sauce was a snap to fix, so it all came together in minutes. I served it w/carrot coins, potatoes + mushrooms from the crockpot meal, but it did not seem like leftovers at all as the sauce turned it into a tasty new meal. Yum! Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
Delish! I sliced 2 lamb steaks into strips and doubled the sauce. This was spicy (which we like!) and very nice over rice. Thanks Sonya for a simple and tasty dinner.
We had this on sourdough rolls. I added red bell peppers and red onions to the saute. Very good!