Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe from Food Network Magazine. It is soooo easy to make and totally yummy.
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 links andouille sausages, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen whole baby okra, thawed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Cut each chicken thigh into quarters. Pat dry and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 2. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook undisturbed until browned, about 4 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown all over, about 5 minutes more. Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 3. Stir in the broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the okra and cook, uncovered, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice and cilantro.