1/1 Photo of Stevia Sweet Pickles for Canning
24 hrs 30 mins
Sugar free sweet pickles using the herb sweetener stevia. Cook time includes canning process. (http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/M003142.htm)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs pickling cucumbers, 4-5 inches long
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 ounce whole mixed pickling spice, tied in a cheesecloth
- 1 onion, chopped
- fresh garlic (optional)
- 20 (1 g) packets stevia, I used NOW Foods brand, be sure to check the sugar equivalency charts of your stevia brand
- 1Scrub cucumbers, quarter them lengthwise, and place them in a large glass bowl with salt and cover with ice water. Mix to dissolve salt. Ensure all cucumbers are submerged (use a dinner plate to hold them down) and put them in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- 2Bring canner water to a boil. Throughly wash 6 pint canning jars and lids, and place them in the water. Ensure the water level covers the caps on the jars. Leave them in simmering water until ready to fill.
- 3Drain cucumbers and rinse 2 or 3 times in cold water. Set aside.
- 4Bring vinegar, water, and 1 tsp Kosher salt to a boil. Add onion and cheesecloth filled with pickling spice. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add stevia and stir until dissolved.
- 5Bring the canner rack up and raise the heat to boil. Take one jar out of the rack, draining the water. Add optional garlic to the jar and fill with cucumbers. (It is easier to turn the jar on its side to do this.) Fill jar with simmering pickling liquid, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 6Slide a nonmentallic spatula or a chopstick between the cucumbers in the jar to release air pockets. Repeat a few times.
- 7Remove a 2 piece lid from the hot water. Wipe jar rim and lid with a clean dry cloth. Screw the lid band down, just until resistence is met. Set the jar into the rack and repeat from step 5 until all jars are filled.
- 8Lower the rack into the canner pot and put the lid on. Start a timer for 15 minutes and process the jars at a gentle but steady boil.
- 9After 15 minutes, raise canner rack and carefully remove the jars, setting them on a dry towel to cool. Do not jar, shake or tip jars. Leave them be for 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stevia Sweet Pickles for Canning
Serving Size: 1 (3352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17342.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole mixed pickling spices