Recipe by Ann B
I hate meatloaf normally, but love this recipe. The sauce/glaze makes all the difference -- my husband actually requested at one point that I make it once a week.
Top Review by hurricanejoe_12399812
This is one of the best meatloaf recipes I've ever tried. I'm gonna let some of it cool and have meatloaf sandwichs and I'm gonna try to grill a nice slice of it, I'll keep ya posted on the results
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, processed or chopped extra fine
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard (like french's)
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix/squish loaf ingredients well.
- Place in meatloaf pan or form in shallow baking pan over aluminum foil Combine sauce ingredients IN ORDER LISTED, mixing well after each addition Spread 1/4-1/2 cup of sauce over loaf.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 1/4- 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with leftover sauce Great with mashed potatoes and honey carrots!