Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I hate meatloaf normally, but love this recipe. The sauce/glaze makes all the difference -- my husband actually requested at one point that I make it once a week.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, processed or chopped extra fine
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard (like french's)
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- Mix/squish loaf ingredients well.
- Place in meatloaf pan or form in shallow baking pan over aluminum foil Combine sauce ingredients IN ORDER LISTED, mixing well after each addition Spread 1/4-1/2 cup of sauce over loaf.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 1/4- 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with leftover sauce Great with mashed potatoes and honey carrots!
This is one of the best meatloaf recipes I've ever tried. I'm gonna let some of it cool and have meatloaf sandwichs and I'm gonna try to grill a nice slice of it, I'll keep ya posted on the results
Delicious!! I can finally make something that's BETTER than mom's!!
I'm normally not a big meatloaf fan and when I make it, it's usually just for my husband. However, I must say this was very tasty, especially with that tangy sauce. I used 2lbs of beef and there was only one slice left. I will make this again.