Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup stelline pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Heat chicken broth to boiling; stir in stellini and lemon zest.
- Cover and cook over low heat until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and lemon zest. Serve.
This was really icky. I followed the directions only to substitute fat free 1/2 & 1/2 for the cream. The flavor reminded me of the noodles with sauce that come in the pouches (like Lipton). It was very starchy and not very flavorful.
Sounds interesting, but it is not vegetarian. Vegertian mean NO animal parts used. They don't soak live chickens to make the broth. Will try with vegetable broth instead :)