Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
It's easy and yummy. My fiance and I make steamers and order them at Jake's Crawfish in Portland all the time. It's a VERY good appetizer. This recipe is my version of what we have at Jake's.
- 2 lbs small steamer clams
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped finely shallot
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf sourdough bread, sliced
- Rinse your clams in strainer/colander
- Saute butter, shallots, and fresh garlic on Med-high heat until shallots start to get translucent.
- Sprinkle a little kosher salt and grind a little pepper to taste.
- Add your clams.
- Add your wine, cream and parsley.
- Turn temp down to Med.
- Put lid over pot and steam until clams open. 4-5 minutes.
- Put in a big ol' bowl, give everyone a folk and some bread to dip in the juice.