Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sounds great. From the American Heart Association
Make and share this Steamed Veggies With Herbed Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup carrot, sliced and halved
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1 cup yellow squash, sliced and halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, steam carrots, covered, 5 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables.
- Sprinkle salt over all, cover and steam 10 minutes more.
- Drain vegetables and blot dry on paper towels.
- Arrange on an ovenproof plate.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese and herbs.
- Add to vegetable mixture and toss to mix well.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.