Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
Yummy grilled steak with blue cheese butter. If you like blue cheese and steak, you'll like this. Posted from a recipe book I received from NELady in the cookbook swap March 2009, Better Homes & Gardens Phase 1 Low Carb Recipes. I did use sirloin, since that is what I had. I'm sure it would be better with the porterhouse or T-bone, but I was avoiding the extra fat in those cuts! I also seasoned my steaks like The Best Grilled Steak Ever! 341080. Prep time does not include preparing the grill.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 beef porterhouse steaks, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, blue cheese, parsley, basil and garlic. Set aside.
- Grill the meat on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doneness, turning once. Allow 18 to 21 minutes for medium rare, or 22 to 25 minutes for medium.
- Cut the meat into serving size pieces, if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with blue cheese butter.
- If you season the meat ahead of time, skip the salt and pepper after cooking.
This is a very easy and quick recipe. Excellent if you love blue cheese, as the flavour of the cheese is quite prominent.
This made for a really yummy meal! I kept scrapeing the topping off the steak to eat by itself it was that good. Thank you.
Yum! This was wonderful! I used a ribeye because that's what I had on hand and halved the butter portion. This was really simple and good. I saved the leftover butter to try on some veggies. Thanks breezermom for a nice treat. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.