Recipe by breezermom
Yummy grilled steak with blue cheese butter. If you like blue cheese and steak, you'll like this. Posted from a recipe book I received from NELady in the cookbook swap March 2009, Better Homes & Gardens Phase 1 Low Carb Recipes. I did use sirloin, since that is what I had. I'm sure it would be better with the porterhouse or T-bone, but I was avoiding the extra fat in those cuts! I also seasoned my steaks like The Best Grilled Steak Ever! 341080. Prep time does not include preparing the grill.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 beef porterhouse steaks, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, blue cheese, parsley, basil and garlic. Set aside.
- Grill the meat on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doneness, turning once. Allow 18 to 21 minutes for medium rare, or 22 to 25 minutes for medium.
- Cut the meat into serving size pieces, if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with blue cheese butter.
- If you season the meat ahead of time, skip the salt and pepper after cooking.