Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Delicious accompaniment to fish, steak, or chicken any night of the week. With the crunch of bacon, freshness of the tomato, and tangy bite of the bleu cheese crumbles, you will never go back to a baked potato again!
- 2 tomatoes (I like Hothouse or Beefsteak tomatoes)
- 1 (4 ounce) package blue cheese, crumbles
- 1 (12 ounce) package pepper bacon
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a muffin tin (or line a baking sheet with foil, grease foil with butter, and you can make stacks on baking sheet).
- Cook bacon until almost cooked through. It will do more baking in the oven.
- Slice tomatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Assemble stacks in muffin tin (or if using baking sheet, soak toothpicks in water, make stacks and put a toothpick in each one to keep the shape). You will place 2 potato slices on the bottom, one tomato slice, sprinkle of bleu cheese crumbles, a piece of peppered bacon and repeat this layering of ingredients until you have a nice stack. Add a little butter to the tops of the stacks so it gets nice and brown.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until top is brown. Stacks are easily removed by taking a spoon or knife around the edges and popping them out of muffin tin. Yum!
This is a great idea. I am a great cook but never thought of putting these flavors all together. It's the right combination and I loved it.I bet this would be a great scalloped potato bake as well! YUMMM!!!
Yum, yum, yum. I have reviewed a few of these recipes on the 5 ingredient list because that is all I'm really capable of in the kitchen. This is a recipe that took the cake for me. I must admit I cut tomato extra thick and did a ton of bleu cheese crumbles and it was out of this world. I would actually use this as a breakfast/brunch recipe as well even though it seems a lot of people are using it as a side dish for dinner. Definitely going to be a recipe I use again.
This is a hidden gem of a recipe. I love potatoes with my steak but I started getting tired of same old same old. I love when I go to a steakhouse and get a baked potato, bleu cheese salad, and they sometimes add one of those roasted tomatoes on the side. This recipe combined all 3!!! Genius! The only problem was I only did 4 stacks and had no leftovers :(